Page 1 of 2

Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 am
by zensan
Is it working? Any info would be Nice...

My ”only” PSSD symptom is that I can’t get erection (no morning wood and no nocturnal erections). Prolactin levels and testosterone levels are Normal. This happened when I stopped taking Abilify. First time it took 9 months to resolve, but I ended taking it again for a week (due to doctors mistake) and now it’s been 4 months without proper erection. Libido, semen etc are back to normal but no erections. No SSRI use before or after.

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:48 am
by marsupial
Get more hormones tested. Much more are involved in sexual functioning

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 am
by zensan
What hormones do you mean? All testosterone levels are normal.

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 am
by marsupial
You have to test SHBG to see your free testosteron. Others you should test estradiol progesterone thyroids and others would probably recomand more..

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:02 am
by zensan
SHBG and free testosterone are normal...

Anyone using vacuum pump or is it just me having ED? People here in forum says they erections are okay but libido is gone, my situation is just the opposite...

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:13 pm
by been_too_long
zensan wrote:SHBG and free testosterone are normal...

Anyone using vacuum pump or is it just me having ED? People here in forum says they erections are okay but libido is gone, my situation is just the opposite...


Not sure what you mean by that. Majority here will report issues with ED cause well.... no libido no erection.

Since your not suffering from the usual symptoms of PPSD then I would suggest you look into the other causes of ED. There is various medical issues that can cause it; need to rule them all out before think it has anything to do with the abilify.

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:46 am
by zensan
been_too_long wrote:Since your not suffering from the usual symptoms of PPSD then I would suggest you look into the other causes of ED. There is various medical issues that can cause it; need to rule them all out before think it has anything to do with the abilify.


Huoh... All them are ruled out... hormones, blood tests etc are normal... everything should be fine. Girls look pretty, I have urge to have sex, but no erection... I DID NOT have any issues having an erection before Abilify even when I was depressed! And while I was taking Abilify (first time) erections was fine. After I quit the Abilify I had numbness, no libido, no erections for 8 weeks but they all came back 100%. Due to doctors mistake (started Valdoxan, but the dose was increased too fast and I got suicidle) I was forced to take Abilify again. This time I got ED while taking it and it´s been like that since December. Libido and semen quality came back but still no erections (no nocturnal, no morning wood, nothing with stimulation). I know my symptoms are not "normal" PSSD symptoms and I did not take any SSRI´s (well after Valdoxan tried Brintellix 10mg for 3 weeks, but made my feelings and libido go "flat"), but I really don´t know what this is!!! And I really don´t know any other causes of this situation. I WAS FINE BEFORE Abilify so what other causes you can tell me?

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:53 am
by zensan
AND not to want toot one's own horn but I could have sex 4 times in a day before Abilify so please tell me what other causes could do this?!

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:09 pm
by Marksanchez397
zensan wrote:
been_too_long wrote:Since your not suffering from the usual symptoms of PPSD then I would suggest you look into the other causes of ED. There is various medical issues that can cause it; need to rule them all out before think it has anything to do with the abilify.


Huoh... All them are ruled out... hormones, blood tests etc are normal... everything should be fine. Girls look pretty, I have urge to have sex, but no erection... I DID NOT have any issues having an erection before Abilify even when I was depressed! And while I was taking Abilify (first time) erections was fine. After I quit the Abilify I had numbness, no libido, no erections for 8 weeks but they all came back 100%. Due to doctors mistake (started Valdoxan, but the dose was increased too fast and I got suicidle) I was forced to take Abilify again. This time I got ED while taking it and it´s been like that since December. Libido and semen quality came back but still no erections (no nocturnal, no morning wood, nothing with stimulation). I know my symptoms are not "normal" PSSD symptoms and I did not take any SSRI´s (well after Valdoxan tried Brintellix 10mg for 3 weeks, but made my feelings and libido go "flat"), but I really don´t know what this is!!! And I reality don´t know any other causes of this situation. I WAS FINE BEFORE Abilify so what other causes you can tell me?

Maybe brintellix? It’s similar to SSRI...

Re: Anyone using vacuum pump to get erection?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:27 pm
by been_too_long
Im confused though. Your blaming your issue on abilify and said wasn't on a SSRI. Abilify is generally not fived alone. Its an adjunct med.