Page 2 of 7

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 am
by Fester
Your result sheet looks very similar to these sample results from the Diagnostic Solutions GI-Map test: https://www.diagnosticsolutionslab.com/ ... t-2018.pdf

The guy in the post you quoted said he got a FilmArray GI Panel. I didn't find that test specifically, but searching the details of it is how I found the GI-Map test, which appears to be similar. Costs about 300 GBP here though, yikes.

Even after a positive result my concern is the lab could miss the same parasite on a follow-up exam and falsely assume it was eradicated. Also people might attribute improvement to one pathogen when it was due to an unidentified one that got killed in the crossfire. Tricky when the symptoms can be so vague.

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:47 am
by raven100
Fester wrote:Your result sheet looks very similar to these sample results from the Diagnostic Solutions GI-Map test: https://www.diagnosticsolutionslab.com/ ... t-2018.pdf

The guy in the post you quoted said he got a FilmArray GI Panel. I didn't find that test specifically, but searching the details of it is how I found the GI-Map test, which appears to be similar. Costs about 300 GBP here though, yikes.

Even after a positive result my concern is the lab could miss the same parasite on a follow-up exam and falsely assume it was eradicated. Also people might attribute improvement to one pathogen when it was due to an unidentified one that got killed in the crossfire. Tricky when the symptoms can be so vague.


Ah yeah it's diagnosticsolutionslab, my pathogen levels were so high that you couldn't miss them, 4 orders of magnitude outside normal range

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:20 am
by Timm Thaler
raven, may I ask: do you suffer from diarrhea? Is this necessarily a key symptom? I kind of suspect something isn't right with me with my congestional system, however I never suffer from diarrhea rather the contrary.

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am
by raven100
Timm Thaler wrote:raven, may I ask: do you suffer from diarrhea? Is this necessarily a key symptom? I kind of suspect something isn't right with me with my congestional system, however I never suffer from diarrhea rather the contrary.


I occasionally suffer very mild digestive symptoms, all very subtle, I really think everyone should get a comprehensive stool test, in the vast majority of cases with this parasite the patient is asymptomatic, yet the parasite will still be artificially raising the level of serotonin in the gut.

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:02 am
by Ghost
Brilliant Raven, great work.

Read this: https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/2018/08/1 ... ry-foiled/

My test didn't include it. Darn. I'll have to get another one. I know that the user Brooks has one in the mail right now that he finished.

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 pm
by raven100
Ghost wrote:Brilliant Raven, great work.

Read this: https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/2018/08/1 ... ry-foiled/

My test didn't include it. Darn. I'll have to get another one. I know that the user Brooks has one in the mail right now that he finished.


Oh wow, hadn't even seen all this stuff you've been posting, have to catch up (https://pssdlab.wordpress.com/logging/)

Will be very interesting to see if some of you guys have it too. If anything I think E Histolytica is more likely to be the cause of PSSD than PFS in some people, given the Serotonin link.

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:35 pm
by Ghost
Yep I've been spending most of my energy there in recent weeks.

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 am
by north4

Re: Stool Test [E Histolytica]

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:47 pm
by raven100
north4 wrote:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=histolytica+serotonin


interesting stuff

....

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:11 am
by iii1i1i1
........